THIS WEEKS JOBS – 28th November 2019
Accounts/Office Administrator Assistant Ocean View Nursing Home Camp Tralee
The ideal candidate should have:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word & excel)
- Excellent numerical skills, with high attention to detail
- Experience with payroll an advantage
The successful candidate will pe provided with training. For immediate consideration
please email CV to email@example.com
For further information, please call our management team on 066 7130267
Registered Staff Nurse Ocean View Nursing Home Camp Tralee
Ocean View Nursing Home are seeking a Full-time Registered Staff Nurse to join our established and professional care team.
The picturesque home is located in the attractive village of Camp and a short distance from Tralee. Excellent continuous development package provided.
To be selected for interview, please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please call Mairead or Marion on 066 7130267
Childcare Assistant Little Acorns Farranfore Pre School – Farranfore, County Kerry
We are currently looking for an Early Years Educator to join our team . The ideal candidate should hold a minimum QQI level 6 in Early Childhood and care or equivalent. Experience desirable but not essential as full training will be given and further qualifications would be an advantage. Good working knowledge and understanding of Aistar, siolta, pre-school regulations, policies and procedures. Garda vetting will apply. Post it to little rascals Ballyegan, Ballymacelligott Tralee , Co.Kerry. closing date 6th December 2019
Job Type: Part-time, Experience: Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Childcare Practitioners Cahereen Heights Castleisland Co Kerry
We have vacancies in our busy childcare facility for Part Time Childcare Practitioners. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, child centered individuals with excellent organisation and communication skills. This part time position is for afternoons (11:30-6:00), 30 hours per week. Minimum Qualifications: QQI/FETAC Level 5 in Childcare. Previous experience is desirable. Email your Cv to
Relief Instructors Tralee Community Training Centre
Are developing a panel of relief instructors to provide possible temporary short term cover
In 2020 the following vocational subjects:
- Hospitality & Catering
- Construction Studies
- Health & Fitness
- Information Technology
- Technical Drawing and Woodwork.
Applicants should have a recognised training qualification and experience of delivering QQI Level 3 and 4 modules in any of the above.
Successful completion of Garda Vetting will be necessary if selected to provide cover. A letter of application and CV should be sent to the General Manager, Tralee Community Training Centre, Monavalley Industrial Estate, Tralee by 16th December 2019
Assistant Lecturer Institute of Technology Tralee
Applications are invited for the following post:
Assistant Lecturer – Irish Sign Language
All applications must be made online at www.ittralee.ie
Institute of Technology Tralee Co Kerry, tel: +353 66 7145613 e:email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 12.00 noon Friday 6th December 2019
Sales Consultant CPW Dixons Carphone Tralee
As a Sales Consultant in Carphone Warehouse, you’ll be the face of our brand, which comes with great variety and responsibility. Give customers the best advice and connect them with the right phone deal for them. There will be plenty of training to get you up to speed and ensure your recommendations are top notch. You’ll even get to try out the tech for yourself.
As part of this role, you’ll be responsible for:
- Asking the right questions to match customers with products
- Trail blazing when It comes to customer experience
- Contributing towards the overall sales performance of the store
Tech lovers don’t look a certain way, nor do they have a set DNA, they do possess the same level of enthusiasm though. Connecting customers and products and guiding the decisions that get them there delivers great reward.
You will need to be:
- Approachable and friendly
- Keen to learn about the latest technology
- Comfortable and confident working in a team
Painter 2019_057_LCC Killarney, Liebherr Container Cranes Ltd.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, dependable, and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Possessing excellent attention to detail and good communication skills;
- Using airless spray pumps in the application of paints.
- Using 2 pack industrial paints.
- Testing wet film thickness using wet gauge.
- Masking and stripe coating in preparation for painting.
- Use of specified PPE for safe working in a painting environment.
- Perform touch up painting repairs as required.
- Working at height and use of access equipment.
Qualifications & Experience
- A qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Self-motivated with good organisational capabilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
Team member– busy coffee shop Costa Coffee Tralee
Looking for a fully flexible person must be able to work week days and weekend’s especially during the Christmas season. Flexibility is a must. Experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
All CVs must be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Sales Representatives
Dairymaster are currently recruiting for: Regional Sales Representatives (Ireland)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Dairymaster Global Headquarters, Causeway, Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th November 2019 at 5pm
Telesales/Receptionist John Lane & Sons Tralee Ltd – Tralee, County Kerry
Telesales and receptionist in busy food company servicing the catering industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Language: English (Required)
Junior/Graduate IT Engineer Permanent
My client based in Tralee are looking for energetic and enthusiastic aspiring IT professionals to join their team in Tralee. This position and company are offering huge career opportunity, market rate salary and competitive benefits. There are several IT positions open with my client ranging from Helpdesk Support to Linux System Engineers; they are open to speaking to candidates who want to get their foot in the door of IT.
The level of these positions, are an option too – there are junior/graduate positions but also 1-2-3 years desktop support roles.
This position will offer you exposure to new technologies, global travel opportunities and a superb working environment where you feel valued and are part of the team.
Basic IT skills are required as full training will be provided. Candidates must be passionate about IT.
My Client is a global company; training will be based in the US so eligibility to travel globally is essential.
If you’re a career changer, IT/Business graduate or always has a passion for Tech but never got that change – Apply here today for a life changing experience.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
Optical Assistant Specsavers Tralee
Join our team in Tralee as an Optical Assistant, and you will discover why at Specsavers, we pride ourselves on providing the foundation for exciting, long term careers – with a business that’s constantly expanding, the opportunities to expand your knowledge base and develop a career have never looked better
We are looking for people with strong customer service experience.
Who will enjoy working on the shop floor in a hands on environment, and be able to clearly communicate with your customers and team.
No previous Optical experience necessary, as your desire to learn, your passion and experience from working in a customer and retail-based setting along with your ability to work in a professional setting in a fast-paced environment.
You just need the desire to learn, and the drive to progress – our training will do the rest
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Experience: Retail Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Receptionist Fexco – County Kerry
Welcome visitors and staff into building. Answer internal calls. Safety representative, Maintain a high standard of housekeeping throughout Foyer, Diary management, General office duties, stationary ordering, post, PO’s on iProc/Oracle, receipts, deliveries, Book accommodation and drives, Record keeping, Any other general reception and administration duties as assigned by your Manager.
The successful candidate should have:
Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills, Proven customer service skills, Knowledge of latest Microsoft Office Tools, Highly motivated with a proven ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment, Ability to accept responsibility and work on one’s own initiative, Flexibility with working hours and location.
Fexco is proud to support and promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Insurance representative – Tralee branch AXA Ireland – Tralee, County Kerry
About the Role Reporting to a Branch Manager, you will work as part of a high performing team providing excellent customer service to AXA’s customers on all aspects of our products and services with the main responsibilities:
- Answering all questions from our customers and escalating any issues where appropriate
- Working to reach all performance targets, including sales and quality, taking personal responsibility and ownership for delivering on individual and team objectives.
- Using our systems and call scripts to apply the appropriate premium with the information you’ve been given from your customers, while complying with our regulatory obligations.
Qualifications: If you have strong customer service skills, an enthusiastic telephone manner and are comfortable negotiating and selling, then this is a great opportunity for you.
- 12 months experience within the insurance industry (essential), ideally APA qualified or working towards.
- Displays a strong aptitude for sales and business generation
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer service focus to negotiate win-win situations
- Results orientated with a track record of consistently delivering to agreed objectives
- Minimum essential requirement of successful leaving certificate (including Math’s & English)
Trainee Dental Technician
An exciting role for a Trainee Dental Technician, to join a prestigious Dental laboratory that offers you the chance to work with cutting edge technology and high-end clients.
In this role you will be working on a number of units a day, starting off with prosthetic denture work, you will undergo a high standard of training to become an expert in the field. As you progress through the company you will inherit more responsibility and enhance your skill to become a Senior Dental Technician and a key part of the business.
This role would therefore ideally suit a Junior Dental technician who is looking for great training and progression to become a technical expert in the field.
Working alongside Senior Technicians – Manufacturing dentures from start to finish – Working in a top quality laboratory environment
The fabrication of quality prosthetic denture products in accordance with established protocols, under supervision of trainer. – Complete prosthetic repairs, relines and re-bases according to established protocols, under supervision of trainer. – Completion of required production reporting within established timelines and reporting parameters, under supervision of trainer. – Preparation of laboratory supply orders in accordance with established protocols, adhering to determined budgetary guidelines, under supervision of a trainer.
Minimum Education and Experience
CAD experience a plus, but not required
Prior dental lab or dental assisting experience a plus, but not required
Prior art experience, such as sculpting and special effects a plus, but not required
Interest in training to become a dental lab technician, focusing on removables – full and partial dentures
Must possess good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
Must possess the ability to follow detailed directions without difficulty
Must be able to easily communicate written and verbal directions with the Trainer
Wages: Minimum wage
Email – email@example.com
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and talented grads to join our client’s Kerry based team. This is a fantastic opportunity to expand your knowledge and work with cutting edge technology on a daily basis. We will consider degree graduates or candidates at a junior level for these roles. Full training will be provided.
We look for the following personality traits (regardless of type of degree):
- Enthusiastic with a bit of spark
- Smart, driven and fast learners
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- Organised and methodical approach under pressureEssential requirements:
- Someone who is passionate about IT as a career
- Wants to build a career in the Kerry region
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel if required
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other coop experience etc. CV content must be accurate, if you can’t defend the experience in an interview, best not to include it!
Store Manager – Co. Kerry
- Managing the sales floor, cash office and all back office admin on a day-to-day basis
- Maximising sales performance throughout the Store
- Achieving Company KPI’s in terms of Sales, Stock loss, Health and Safety, Wages and Mystery Shopper Results
- Recruiting, training, developing, managing and rostering staff
- Ensuring the Store delivers exceptional customer service
- Delivering exemplary standards in-store presentation, stock control, shrinkage and administration compliance
- Previous experience as an Assistant/Store Manager in a fast-paced high-volume retail environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical, organisational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Ambition to progress career in a growing company
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to building good relationships with the customers, team and other key stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages and a working knowledge of retail computerised management and control systems
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekdays and weekends
Sales Lead Fexco Killorglin Kerry
- Enableour people to operate effectively in a multi-skilled environment through a comprehensive programme with a strong emphasis on customer experience and value add.
- Provide overall sales leadership to the entire staff to ensure that they meet or exceed the targets established for their individual unit.
- Embed a sales-through-service culture through improved insights into sales performance and customer trends.
- Manage employee morale through various reward and recognition initiatives, creating a high-performance culture
- Motivate, support and inspire management and staff to achieve and exceed their sales target.
- Lead, manage and develop others into a state of self sufficiency.
- Manage client feedback and client service trends and implement appropriate process improvements where necessary.
- Support the development and delivery of a staff sales academy.
- Regularly coach management to drive for results, and be a role model in his/her display of professionalism.
- Develop and maintain training materials and current product and sales knowledge.
- Assist management in establishing team goals in alignment with business goals and KPIs.
- Provide input and evaluation of team member performance; coach both individuals and teams to achieve sales performance objectives.
- Proactively contribute ideas and recommendations on aspects requiring change or remedial action.
- Promote and drive change and continuous improvement activities to increase and add customer value.
- Develop, implement and deliver on the overall business sales strategy.
- A minimum of 3 years` experience is required in a similar position.
- Knowledge of a leadership methodology and/or six sigma.
- Business acumen gained through work experience and or a business degree.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, including MS-Visio and MS-PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the utility industry is an advantage.
Competencies Required The successful candidate is likely to:
- Possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Be a big picture thinker – ability to identify opportunities, efficiences, alternative uses of technology and resources.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver information in a logical and professional manner.
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Junior CAD Technician Griffin Brothers Contracting
The successful candidate will
· Be handling all aspects of AutoCAD drafting and supporting the team on a wide variety of projects
· Relevant qualifications & experience required
Part Time Beauty Therapist
We are looking for someone to join our team. The successful applicant must have some experience, a passion for the beauty industry, a client focused approach and exceptional attention to detail. Training in the following would be an advantage: Electrolysis, specialised waxing, 2 week polish, Dermalogica skincare, threading and IIah brows. Drop your CV into the salon or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospitality Host On Board ROI Trains – Corporate Catering Cork, Limerick, Tralee
Based at Cork, Limerick or Tralee station, travelling nationwide on board the trains. Duties include, customer service, cash handling and general housekeeping duties. The ideal candidate will: have good communication skills; ability to work as part of a team; be adaptable and flexible in all situations in order to provide excellent customer service. Candidates must have 2 years plus previous experience in customer service. Salary will be paid 4 weekly; Commission paid on sales. Candidates must be within easy access to the station and must be available between 6am and 11pm as role involves shift work including weekends; early starts and late finishes working 5 days over 7. Rotas will be issued in advance. Hours of work will generally be 20hrs to 36hrs a week but this can change with the nature of the business. Hours will be discussed at interview. Must be 18 or over in order to sell alcohol. The successful candidate will also receive a full uniform and staff meals.
Electricians & Apprentices Wanted
Full qualified electricians & apprentices wanted for immediate start. Commercial & industrial work, involves travel. Please contact Nasorb Engineering Electrical email email@example.com or phone 0879449533
Retail Assistant Christmas Temps Tralee Iceland
As a Retail Assistant you will work as part of a team and will be involved in merchandising, till operations and stock management across our Frozen, Chilled and Grocery Departments.
This role is for a few weeks over the Christmas Period to support the seasonal uplift
Retail Sales Assistant Corcoran’s Furniture & Carpets Ltd – Tralee
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working as part of the team to achieve group goals and targets you will also be expected to achieve your own individual target.
- You will be able to conduct yourself as a representative of the company in a professional manner.
- Take ownership for the internal layout of the store to ensure the appropriate products are displayed and labelled correctly. This will also involve taking responsibility of certain areas of the shop floor and monitoring this to ensure the areas are maintained at the required standard
- Ensuring standards for quality & customer service are met in line with Corcoran’s standards
- Liaise with the complaints department to ensure all customer complaints are dealt with on time and appropriately follow up.
- Physically fit to move products around on shop floor
- Meet with department managers monthly to monitor your department performance and discuss any current issues
- Liaise with other departments on stock movements transfers and clearance items
- Monitor container schedule to have timings on orders and stock levels.
- Offer a flexible approach to movement within departments and stores to meet business demands
Qualifications and Skills
- Customer service
- Cash handling
- Complaint handling
- Previous retail experience in a furniture company sales
Civil – Structural Design Engineer TLI Group Tralee, Co Kerry
Job Introduction, while working under the direct supervision of a Senior Design Engineer full mentoring will be provided. Main Responsibilities
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
Working under direction of Senior Design engineer – Assisting with designing steelwork and reinforced concrete – Foundation design – Preparation of material specifications – Preparation of calculations and drawings – On-site quality auditing and recording as-built information – Temporary works design – Processing of survey and site investigation information – Drawing preparation & detailing – AutoCAD – Occasional travel to and from work sites
The Ideal Candidate: Minimum Degree qualified – Civil/Structural Engineering (NFQ Level 8)
0 – 5 years post graduate experience, Relevant industry experience though not essential, would be an advantage
Strong technical and design ability essential, Strong IT skills required. Knowledge of AutoCAD would be an advantage, but training will be provided where necessary
Excellent team worker with effective communication and interpersonal skills
A flexible approach to work & full drivers licence will be required
Formal report writing and professional presentation of work essential
Personal Assistant Oakview – Tralee, County Kerry
- Administration Duties
- Filing and Organising
- Reviewing and Preparing Packs
- Organise Travel
- Answering Calls When Required
- 25 Hours Per Week
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Excellent Communication Skills & Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Telephone Manner and Professional Appearance
- Strong IT and Microsoft Skills
- Strong Organisational Skills – attention to detail
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Experience: Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Accounts Assistant Kerry
We are seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant / Accounts Technician for a maternity contract with a Tralee based business. The contact will be for 12months from end of November 2019.
The role will be a stand-alone busy position, so the successful candidate will need to be able to work independently unsupervised. Experience in Sage is a must.
The position will include-
- Accounts processing
- Reconciling accounts
- Weekly payroll (approx. 35 employees)
- Revenue returns
- Bank reconciliations
- General Administration.
Accounts packages used include Sage and Collsoft.
It might be possible to undertake this position 4 days per week, but this will have to be in agreement with the client.
If you can commit to a 12-month contact and have relevant experience please send us your CV through the link provided. Call 066-7143995
General Operative Atlantic Golf Construction – Tralee, County Kerry
We are currently looking for a General Labourers to work on site based in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
Requirements: – Safe Pass – Manual Handling – Previous construction experience – Own transport as early start and no public transport possible at that time.
Please apply with your CV. Experience: general labor: 1 year (Preferred) Location: Tralee, Co. Kerry
Licence: Safe Pass (Required)
Manual Handling Certificate (Required)
Reference ID: Tralee Golf Club
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: €12.00 /hour Experience: Construction : 1 year (Preferred) Education: Leaving Certificate (Preferred)
Sales Assistant Suits Select Tralee Co Kerry
This role involves weekday and weekend shifts, so candidates must be available for these to be considered for the role.
This is an ideal role for someone with exemplary organisational skills along with strong attention to detail and a keen eye for fashion looking to progress their fashion knowledge and sales skills further.
What we Need from a candidate
- Availability to work Flexi Time
- Sales experience in a target driven environment
- Motivated , with a keen eye for Fashion
What the role involves
- Dynamic selling skills
- Ensure general store standards and stock replenishment is carried out on a daily basis
- Commit to achieving Daily Store Targets
- Passion for customer service and delivering a great experience
Receptionist / Sales Administrator McElligott’s Tralee Ltd
|Vacancy Title||Receptionist / Sales Administrator|
|No of vacancies||1|
|Business Name||McElligott’s Tralee Ltd|
|Address||Listowel Road, Tralee|
|Contact person||Dan Roche|
|Nature of Business||Motor Dealership|
|Email & Website Address
|Employer details to be advertised YES or NO||Yes|
|Basic Requirements||Office Administration, Audio Typing, Courteous Manner|
|Duties||Answering all incoming telephone calls, personal callers and directing enquiries to the appropriate person. General administration such as, sending and receiving emails, sending letters to customers, photocopying and scanning.|
|Details of Hours and Days per week||Monday to Friday 9am to 1 pm and 2pm to 6 pm.
6 months contract.
|Application Procedure||Email letter of application and C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
ST BRIGID’S COMMUNITY EMPLOYMENT VACANCIES
|Location||Jobs No||Position||Closing Date||Vacancies|
|Cumann Iosaef||2129687||Childcare Assistant||20/12/2019||
|Killorglin FC||2129689||Childcare Assistant||20/12/2019||
|Rath Oraigh, Tralee||2129701||After-Schools Assistant||20/12/2019||
|St Brigid’s, Tralee||
Joan Pembroke 085 8659517
Katie Clarke 085 8856919
CE Supervisors for Childcare Scheme, Co Kerry
St Brigid’s Community Centre
Pieta House: Therapist Vacancies
Pieta House are recruiting therapists in the following capacities:
- Employed Therapist – Pieta House Midlands, Athlone (12 hours per week over 3 days)
€15,600 per annum
- Employed Therapist – Pieta House Kerry, Tralee (16 hours per week over 4 days)
€20,800 per annum
- Sessional Therapist Panel – Dublin area (to provide cover as needed in any of our Dublin centres)
€45 per session/hour, €20 for DNA/CSN, €0 for CIA
The ideal candidate will:
- Have completed a Diploma or Degree course in Counselling & Psychotherapy or a Masters in Couselling Psychology.
- Be a fully accredited member of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP, ICP or equivalent.
- Have attended training in working with adolescent clients and children.
- Have experience in Play/Art Therapy.
- Have experience in crisis intervention and bereavement counselling.
- Demonstrate excellent listening and communication skills.
- Demonstrate great warmth and the ability to empathise.
- Work as part of the Clinical Team.
- Be proficient in MS Office and Outlook
- Have experience using Salesforce or similar CRM system
The successful candidate shall be required to:
- Build relationships with clients using the Pieta House Models of Therapy.
- Work within the ethos and philosophy of Pieta House.
- Liaise with clients and their families as appropriate with regard to assessments, outcomes, interventions and reviews.
- Receive ongoing supervision and attend group supervision internally in Pieta House once per calendar month.
- Actively participate in Pieta House internal meetings as appropriate e.g. staff/clinical meetings
- Be prepared to expand your duties or change function in line with business needs.
- Periodically liaise with other professionals and organisations as appropriate.
- Take responsibility for one’s own continued professional development.
- Keep up to date with best practice and procedures at all times in line with the Code of Ethics of IACP, IAHIP, PSI, FTAI, NAPCP or ICP.
Note: Garda Vetting is required (of the successful candidates) for all positions.
Applications for the above should be made via email, attaching a cover letter (outlining your particular suitability to the role) with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by Tuesday 3rd December 2019. Please specify the role and location of the job you are applying for in the email subject heading.
PIETA HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
More information can be found on our website: https://www.pieta.ie/?/about/job-vacancy/
Kerry County Childcare Committee CLG, Unit 5 DavCon Business Centre, Monavalley Business Park, Tralee, Co Kerry.
Phone 066 7181582
Kerry County Childcare Committee CLG
Kerry County Childcare Committee invites applications for the following position:
A Temporary Development Officer
This is a fulltime (35 hrs) temporary specified purpose contract, to cover career break of a minimum of 1 year & 10 months. A panel may be formed from the above competition to fill suitable vacancies on a temporary basis during 2020/2021.The post is based in Kerry CCC’s offices, Unit 5 Davcon Business Centre, Monavalley Business Park, Tralee.
- A minimum qualification at level 8 in early childhood care & education or relevant discipline
- A comprehensive understanding of the early childhood, care and education sector, childminding, current childcare legislation and government policy
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in the sector preferably in a support/mentoring role
- Experience of delivering training is essential
- Interpersonal/teamwork skills are essential
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and possess the ability to work on own initiative
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team
- Relevant administrative experience.
- Experience of preparing reports and correspondence.
- Use of car and full driving licence
- Train the trainers (TOT) training or Adult Education course would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of the Irish language desirable.
- Good working knowledge of the Government funding schemes
- Excellent IT abilities including experience of use of Microsoft Word, Excel & Access Data. Social Media, Facebook, Twitter and website maintenance desirable.
Salary is aligned to Local Authority Grade 5.1
Candidates will be short listed based on information supplied in their Application Form to be received no later than 12 noon, Friday 29th November 2019 – Interviews will be held on Monday 9th December 2019
Please send a copy of your completed application form, together with a covering letter to:
The Chairperson, Kerry County Childcare Committee,
Unit 5 Davcon Business Centre,
Monavalley Business Park,
Tralee, County Kerry or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment is subject to conditions (i.e. Medical, Garda Vetting)
Kerry County Childcare Committee CLG is an equal opportunities employer
Resilience Care: Service Manager / PIC Service Manager / PIC – Tralee, Co. Kerry
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager (PIC) to lead our team supporting children with Intellectual disabilities in our well established community residential service in Tralee, Co. Kerry. The post holder will be responsible for the development and management of this service, with the support of an experienced service management team and a multidisciplinary team.
- Degree in Applied Social Studies in Social Care or equivalent/similar.
- Hold or be willing to complete a post registration management qualification in health or a related field.
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in a management capacity in the health and Social Care area.
- Level of knowledge and experience of dealing with HIQA.
- Experience of working in a care environment for adults and children with Intellectual Disabilities and/or Autism.
- Knowledge of Children First, FOI, GDPR, Disability Act and other legislation relevant to this role / knowledge of HIQA and other standards as relevant to this role.
- Experience of and ability to manage resources including budget.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out assessments and care plans
- Ensure each service user’s needs are set out in a Personal Support Plan
- Review and update care plans as and when required and as indicated by HIQA standards
- Be an active leader and role model for the team
- Project manage new initiatives as required
- Effectively manage the service resources within budget provided.
- Organise and participate in meetings, reviews and committees
- Provide supervision and mentoring for non-nursing members of staff, i.e. HCAs
- Be aware of and practice the correct use of all aids and appliances and ensure that staff are at all times adequately and certifiably trained and competent
- Ensure all incidents/potential incidents are reported and documented in line with internal and external reporting requirements
- Address incidents in a timely manner and develop action plans with the staff team
- Be aware of the reporting requirements of the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities (January 2013) and the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013
- Promote Resilience’s duty to employees under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Make all necessary arrangements to prevent service users from being harmed or from suffering abuse. This will include training of staff and complying with relevant policies and procedures. Concerns should be reported within the required time scales
What we offer:
- An unrivalled opportunity to lead a high calibre team to achieve success within our established service where our aim is to ensure that each person we support achieves their optimum potential.
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent contract.
- Paid holidays.
- Comprehensive learning & development program.
- Working alongside and constantly supported by an experienced leadership team with an established track record in this area.
- Bike to work scheme.
Interested candidates should send their CV in strict confidence to Lorraine.email@example.com or call Lorraine Mahon 065 672 2875 for further information. Closing Date: Friday, 29th November 2019
CES-2130116 Housekeeping / Kitchen Assistant – Tralee International Resource Centre
Duties to include; food preparation, cooking, cleaning, shopping, stock control, other duties as required. Please send CV’s to Sheila Cronin, CE Supervisor, NEWKD, Aras an Phobail, Deans Lane, Tralee, Co Kerry. Email: SheilaCronin@newkd.ie. Please check your eligibility for Community Employment with the DEASP before applying for this position.
CES-2131059 Caretaker – Tralee CDP
Duties to include; opening the centre for night-time and weekend meetings, cleaning the building, assisting in the set-up and get out for conferences and meetings, ordering and maintaining cleaning and catering supplies, general building security, other duties as required. Please send CV’s to Sheila Cronin, CE Supervisor, NEWKD, Aras an Phobail, Deans Lane, Tralee, Co. Kerry. Email: sheilaCronin@newkd.ie. Please check your eligibility for Community Employment with the DEASP before applying for this position.
YOUTH WORK ASSISTANT – CES-2124678
Location: KDYS Youth Centre, Castleisland, Co. Kerry.
This is a developmental opportunity and no experience is necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career. However, previous experience in a similar role is welcomed.
To assist the full time youth worker in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all programmes in response to the needs of young people in the Castleisland area including:-
- Work to provide quality youth work through the Youth Café facility at the KDYS Youth Centre may include evening work.
- Develop relationships and programmes of work with young with whom regular contact is kept.
- Participate in any youth work activity including events, community youth work groups and weekly long activity camps.
Start date: TBC. Subject to Garda Vetting.
To apply please forward CV and note of your PPS number to firstname.lastname@example.org also please contact your local DSP Employment Services/INTREO Office to check your eligibility and quote relevant reference number above.