What is Tralee Local Employment Service?
Tralee Local Employment Service is a free, friendly and confidential service, who provide a range of supports to enable jobseekers secure employment. We act as a gateway or access point to the full range of opportunities which are available to jobseekers, to enter / re-enter the labour market. The LES aims to meet the needs of each individual client and the local environment within which they operate.
Who is it for?
Anyone who is unemployed and / or in receipt of a social welfare payment.
Range of services we provide:
- One to one career guidance meetings with our guidance officers to discuss employment, self-employment options and opportunities.
- Assistance with the identification of suitable courses and how to enrol if clients are interested.
- Provide information on schemes and work experience programmes e.g. Community Employment Schemes, TUS programme, National Internship Scheme, Rural Social Scheme etc.
- Assist clients to complete applications for work, review of CV’s, Cover Letters and Interview preparation.
- Clients have access to the LES weekly newsletter.
- The jobs newsletter contains a list of local jobs advertised in local and national media and also forwarded to the LES by local employers.
- Follow up with clients who have secured employment to determine if they require any further assistance with training and education to further up-grade their skills.